Read on for the tips and tricks that make hosting a Christmas party easy, including
How to Succeed at Hosting (Without Really Trying), which will tell you how to calculate the right amount of food and drink for your crowd.
A perfect Christmas party spread includes a variety of hot and cold savory apps, a warming soup and some sweet treats to round out your array. Here’s how we might go about building out a well-balanced spread.
- Pick a hot dip and remember your slow cooker is a great tool for keeping dip warm and bubbly. Artichoke and Spinach Dip is an all-time favorite with a festive look. And, who can say no to Hot Crab Parmesan Dip?
- Pick one or two chilled apps, like roll-ups, deviled eggs or shrimp cocktail. Not only are these types of apps delicious, many of them can also be prepped ahead of time saving you stress the day of the event!
- Pick a one-bite appetizer that people can pop in their mouths. Whether you prefer a saucy meatball or everyone’s favorite Sausage Cheese Balls, we’ve got plenty of options, including some make-ahead recipes.
- Pick only one special app and make it a good one. You know what we’re talking about, the type of app that needs to be made at the very last minute and served hot out of the oven, like Raspberry Baked Brie.
- Anchor your app spread with a hearty soup that can be made ahead and warmed up at the last minute. Pick one from our selection of best soup recipes.
- Finally, easy sweet treats make the party, like cookies and Christmas candies. If you are feeling ambitious, Betty’s got all the spectacular Christmas cakes you could ever want.
Are you in the Christmas spirit now? We hope so! And if you need a few more appetizer recipes, Betty’s got you covered!