Learn how to oven-fry chicken by following our step-by-step guide! In less than an hour you’ll have made Betty’s best Oven-Fried Chicken—a simple, crave-worthy dinner you and your family will love.
What you’ll need:
- Ingredients for Oven-Fried Chicken
- 13x9-inch pan
- Shallow dish
- Cooking tongs
- Ovenproof meat thermometer
1. Heat oven to 425°F. In 13x9-inch pan, melt butter in oven.
2. In shallow dish, mix flour, seasoned salt, paprika, garlic powder and pepper.
4. Place chicken, skin side down, in pan. Bake uncovered 30 minutes. Turn chicken with cooking tongs; bake about 20 minutes longer or until juice is clear when thickest piece is cut to bone.