Our April dessert of the month, Fresh Raspberry Almond Tray Tart, is perfect for all kinds of spring occasions. Its glossy rows of berries give it both an impressive appearance and a burst of fresh springtime flavor, while the sugar cookie-and-almond crust gets an simplifying jump-start from Betty Crocker™ sugar cookie mix. It’s a five-star treat that will earn a spot on your list of most reliably delicious desserts—and here’s how to make it!
What you’ll need:
- Ingredients for Fresh Raspberry Almond Tray Tart
- 15x10x1-inch pan
- Cooking spray
- Large bowl
- Pastry blender or fork
- 2 small bowls (one microwave-friendly)
- Electric mixer
1. Heat your oven to 350°F. Spray a 15x10x1-inch pan with cooking spray. In a large bowl, cut butter into the cookie mix using a pastry blender or a fork until the mixture is crumbly; then stir in chopped almonds or pecans. Press the dough in the bottom and 1/2 inch up the sides of the pan.
2. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the edges are light golden brown. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed until the mixture is well blended and smooth. Spread it evenly on the cooled cookie crust. Top with raspberries.
4. In a small microwavable bowl, stir together the jelly and honey. Microwave the mixture uncovered on High for 20 to 30 seconds or until it is thin enough to glaze. Brush the glaze over berries. Refrigerate the tart for 2 hours. Cut into 6 rows by 4 rows. Cover and refrigerate any remaining tart.