The Monte Cristo is a classic sandwich that we love to order at restaurants but aren’t willing to go through the hassle of making at home. Until now! We found a way to make them in a fraction of the time and without that messy deep-frying step.
Enter strawberry Toaster Strudel! We used them to provide the signature sweet and crunchy part of the sandwich while keeping everything else in line with the classic—ham, turkey, cheese and Dijon mustard. Here’s how to make your own which we recommend you do immediately!
What you’ll need:
- 2 Toaster Strudels (we used strawberry)
- 2 slices deli ham
- 2 slices deli turkey
- 1 slice Swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon powdered sugar (if desired)
- Prepare two Toaster Strudels according to directions, saving frosting for another use.
- Spread Dijon mustard on inside of one strudel.
- Top with ham, turkey and cheese.
- Add remaining to strudel to complete the sandwich.
- Finish with a dusting of powdered sugar.