You know the drill: you’re exhausted from a busy day and dinner still needs to come together ASAP. These five new takes on fresh pasta give you all the inspiration you need—plus a guaranteed stamp of approval from your family. Simply cook and drain a 9-ounce package of pasta, choose a sauce below, and finish your homemade creation with a little fresh parmesan.
- Fettuccine with Meatballs - In medium skillet, cook 1 cup chopped bell peppers and 1 cup sliced mushrooms with a little olive oil until peppers are crisp-tender; stir in 2 cups tomato pasta sauce and frozen cooked meatballs. Serve over hot cooked fettuccine.
- Pasta Margherita - Combine hot cooked angel hair (capellini) pasta with 1 ½ cups halved grape tomatoes, ½ cup diced fresh mozzarella cheese, ½ cup chopped fresh basil and 4 to 5 tablespoons Italian dressing. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Ravioli with Pesto and Asparagus - In medium skillet cook 1 pound chopped asparagus with ¼ cup water until crisp-tender; drain. Toss with 1 cup pesto, asparagus and hot cooked ravioli.
- Shrimp Linguine - In medium skillet, cook 2 cups thinly sliced zucchini in a little olive oil until crisp-tender; add 2 cups marinara sauce, a sprinkle of crushed red pepper flakes and 1 pound cooked peeled medium shrimp; heat through. Serve over hot cooked linguine.
- Turkey Tortellini - In medium saucepan, heat 2 cups Alfredo sauce, 10 ounces chopped cooked frozen broccoli and 1 ½ cups chopped cooked turkey breast; stir in hot tortellini.