Say good-bye to rock-hard, store-bought chocolate-dipped strawberries. Once you make this recipe, you’ll see these are easy enough to make whenever the mood strikes.
What You’ll Need:
1. Rinse strawberries and lay on paper towels until completely dry. Line a baking sheet with waxed paper to place strawberries on once dipped.
2. In 1-quart saucepan, melt chocolate chips with shortening or vegetable oil (we used vegetable oil) over low heat, stirring frequently. Be careful not to let the chocolate get too hot, it’s easy to burn. Remove entire pan from heat when melted.
3. Firmly grab the top of the strawberry leafing, but be careful to not rip the greens off! Dip lower half of each strawberry into chocolate mixture; allow excess to drip back into saucepan.
4. Place on waxed paper-lined tray or cookie sheet and wait for chocolate to harden.
5. Refrigerate uncovered about 30 minutes or until chocolate is firm, or until ready to serve. Store covered in refrigerator so chocolate does not soften (if made with oil, chocolate will soften more quickly at room temperature). Serve and enjoy!