A rut’s a rut, no matter how delicious, and today, we’re here to show you a new way to enjoy some breakfast staples: Yoplait yogurt, Chex granola and fresh berries. Best part is these frosty cups are totally gluten-free, fun to eat, infinitely customizable and easy to make by the batch ahead of time. Here’s how it’s done!
What you’ll need:
- 1 bag Gluten Free Chex Granola Mixed Berry*
- Yoplait Original Mixed Berry yogurt*
- Fresh berries—blueberries, strawberries (hulled and halved), blackberries*
- Mini muffin tin
- Mini muffin tin liners
*Note that how much of each ingredient you’ll need depends on how many bites you’d like to make. For example, to make 9 bites, we used two containers of Yoplait and about 1-1 ½ cups Chex granola and a pint of berries. Feel free to scale this up or down, depending on your family’s snacking needs!
1. To begin, round up your ingredients and place a liner in each cup of your mini-muffin tin.
2. Next, use your hands to roughly crush a handful of Chex granola. Drop, one tablespoon at a time, into the lined muffin-tin cups. Don’t worry about being super-precise; as long as the bottom of the cup is covered completely with cereal, you’re golden.
3. Using a spoon, add yogurt to each cup, spreading lightly so the bottom of the cup is covered completely and filling until cups are about three-quarters of the way full.
4. Fresh berries are the finishing touch! Top each cup with one, two or three berries, depending on the size of the fruit and the combination you use. (Banana slices, chopped tropical fruits or nuts would also be yummy toppers!)
5. Freeze your cups until yogurt is firm, about 1 to 3 hours, depending on your freezer’s temperature. Once they’ve hardened, they’re ready to eat! You can store your fro-yo granola bites in a zip-top freezer bag or plastic storage container until you’re ready to grab ‘em and go. Bet you can’t have just one!