Let your leftover meats inspire you to make sandwiches of greatness with these tips.
- Think outside the bread box. Try bagels, croissants, biscuits, dinner rolls or tortillas for great beginnings.
- Hot or cold? It doesn’t matter! If you want a hot, hearty sandwich, reheat your meat (and possibly sauce); otherwise for ease, just pile on cold leftovers.
- Fresh is best. Adding items such as fresh vegetables, cheese slices or chopped nuts gives your leftovers a lift by adding texture and taste.
- Go with the flow. There is no right or wrong in sandwich making. Use your own tastes and creativity to make your own “new” sandwich.
- One more time. If you have lots of leftovers, freeze sandwich-size portions of meat in resealable freezer plastic bags or small containers. Future sandwiches can be made, individually, in minutes with the help of a microwave.