Freshly baked cookies, mistletoe and a fire to keep us warm all conjure up visions of a picture-perfect Christmas. Our best memories, however, always seem to be associated with scent. Infuse your home this holiday with the aromas of warming spices, cranberries, citrus and vanilla with this easy stovetop potpourri recipe. Not only is it super simple to pull off, it’s totally natural, too.
What you’ll need:
- ½ cup cranberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 orange
- 1 lemon
- 5 cinnamon sticks, broken in half to release more of the fragrance
- 1-2 cloves of whole nutmeg
- 1-2 teaspoons whole cloves
- 1 vanilla bean, split in half
1. Cut the lemon and the orange into thin slices.