With deep roots in the great food culture of the South, Low Country shrimp boil is a classic of American regional cooking. There’s good reason it has stuck around for so long: It’s savory, hearty and filled with ingredients that scream “summer.” We took those flavors to the grill in our spin on this beloved all-in-one dish, Low Country Shrimp Foil Packs. They’re easy to prepare for family dinner or for a crowd, and the bonus is that grilling in foil makes cleanup a snap—perfect for those lazy days of summer. Here’s how to make them!
What you’ll need:
1. First, heat a gas or charcoal grill. Cut 4 (18x12-inch) sheets of heavy-duty foil and spray each with cooking spray.
2. Place potatoes in a microwavable bowl. Microwave uncovered on High for 5 to 6 minutes or until the potatoes are just tender. Add corn to potatoes and drizzle with 1 teaspoon of the oil and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of the seasoning. Mix until evenly coated. Next, place shrimp in a medium bowl and toss with remaining 1 teaspoon oil and remaining 1 teaspoon seasoning. Mix until evenly coated.
3. Place equal amount of sausage in the center of each sheet of foil. Dividing evenly, arrange the potato and corn mixture around the sausage. Then, divide the shrimp evenly over sausage. Squeeze 1 wedge of lemon over each pack.
4. Bring up 2 sides of the foil so the edges meet. Seal the edges, making a tight 1/2-inch fold; fold again, allowing space for heat circulation and expansion. Fold other sides to seal.
5. Place the packs on the grill over medium heat. Cover the grill and cook for 6 minutes. Rotate packs 1/2 turn and cook for 5 to 7 minutes longer or until the shrimp are pink and the sausage is heated through. Remove packs from the grill and cut a large X across the top of each pack. Carefully fold back the foil; sprinkle with parsley, and top with remaining lemon wedges.
- Two ears of fresh sweet corn can be substituted for the frozen corn in this recipe. Cut each ear into 4 pieces.
- You can make this recipe in the oven, too! Simply place the prepared packs on a cookie sheet. Bake at 375°F 23 to 25 minutes or until shrimp are pink and sausage is heated through.