One of my family’s very favorite game day meals is Cincinnati Chili. If you’ve never had this thick chili seasoned with chili powder, cinnamon and allspice, then served over a bed of hot pasta, you’re missing out! There are four ways to eat Cincinnati Chili:
- Bowl: chili in a bowl (a little boring)
- Two-way: chili and spaghetti
- Three-way: chili, spaghetti and cheese (my family’s preferred way!)
- Four-way: chili, spaghetti, cheese and onions (or swap the onions for beans)
- Five-way: chili, spaghetti, cheese, onions and beans
For a fun spin on the traditional pasta base, I thought pumpkin-beer waffles would be so good and perfect for fall. This idea is kind of like beer bread and chili, but instead you’ll be swapping the loaf of bread for a giant stack of fluffy pumpkin-beer waffles. Sounds pretty good right? It is!
Start off by making a batch of this Slow Cooker Cincinnati Chili. When the chili is ready to eat, gather up the ingredients for the waffles.
Now gather your waffles, chili and desired toppings. Set up a waffle chili bar and invite your family to build their waffles with a good amount of hot chili, a generous handful of cheddar cheese and their favorite toppings.