What you’ll need:
- Ingredients for Bunny Sandwich Cookies
- Medium bowl
- 1 ½-inch heart-shaped cookie cutter
- Cookie sheet
- Small microwavable bowl
- Plastic zip-top food storage bag
1. Heat oven to 350°F. In a medium bowl, stir together cookie mix, butter, egg and flour until dough forms. Divide dough into six equal portions, coloring each portion with food coloring as desired.
2. Roll out each portion of dough on lightly floured surface to 1/4-inch thickness. Using 1 1/2-inch heart-shaped cutter, cut out 18 heart shapes.
4. Bake 5 to 7 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
5. Mix frosting and powdered sugar together. Spread frosting on the bottom sides of the remaining heart shapes that don’t have ears. To assemble the sandwich cookie, top each heart with a heart shape with ears.
6. In a small microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips uncovered on High about 30 seconds or until chips can be stirred smooth. Place in small plastic food-storage bag. Cut small opening in 1 corner of bag. On lower back side of bunny, place dab of frosting and affix a jelly bean for tail. Squeeze plastic bag of chocolate to make eyes and a nose for each bunny. Let stand before serving or storing to ensure chocolate and frosting is set.