When you’re craving comfort, fried chicken is the name of the game. Here we’ll walk you through how to make Betty’s famous Skillet-Fried Chicken—it takes just 40 minutes and four simple steps.
What you’ll need:
- Ingredients for Skillet-Fried Chicken
- Shallow dish
- 12-inch nonstick skillet
- Cooking tongs
- Ovenproof meat thermometer
1. In shallow dish, mix flour, paprika, salt and pepper. Coat chicken with flour mixture.
3. In nonstick skillet, heat oil (¼ inch) over medium-high heat. Cook chicken in oil, skin side down, about 10 minutes or until light brown; reduce heat to low. Turn chicken skin side up with tongs.
4. Simmer uncovered about 20 minutes, without turning, until juice of chicken is clear when thickest piece is cut to bone.