This four-ingredient recipe for Alfredo sauce is so easy, it almost feels like cheating. You save time and money by avoiding a trip to the store for jarred sauce or an expensive meal at an Italian restaurant, but you still get to indulge in a rich and creamy sauce that’ll have your family singing your praises. The best part? It only takes a few minutes to make! Here’s how to do it.
What you’ll need:
- ½ cup butter, cut into pieces
- ½ cup whipping cream
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Dash of pepper
- 10-inch skillet
1. First, gather your ingredients. Cut your butter into pieces so it melts quicker.
2. Next, in a 10-inch skillet, heat butter and whipping cream over medium heat.
3. Stir the butter and whipping cream frequently until the butter is completely melted and the mixture starts to bubble. Reduce the heat to low and let the mixture simmer, continuing to stir, until slightly thickened (about six minutes).
4. Remove the skillet from the heat and add the grated Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Stir until well mixed.
5. Your sauce is now ready to serve! Toss it with cooked fettuccine noodles in a large bowl and sprinkle with parsley to make it a classic Italian meal: Fettucine Alfredo.
- Want to make a lighter Alfredo sauce? Swap out the whipping cream for evaporated fat-free milk and use reduced-fat Parmesan cheese. These two easy change-ups will slash the fat in half!
- Make your meal heartier by adding grilled chicken breast, sautéed shrimp or veggies to the sauce and serve with cooked fettuccine noodles.
- Need some extra help? See how to make Alfredo sauce from scratch in this easy-to-follow video.
Bored with pasta? Swap in homemade sauce for store-bought in any of these top-rated recipes!