When we first tasted the Angel Food Pudding Cake with Berries in the Betty Crocker Kitchens, there was a unanimous reaction: This is summer, captured in a dessert. Fresh seasonal berries, fluffy Betty Crocker angel food cake mix and cool pudding made with Yoplait® Original strawberry yogurt all come together to make a sweet, light and colorful treat. It’s one that you’ll want to bring to every party and make for yourself at home. Here’s how to do it!
What you’ll need:
1. Gather all of the ingredients. Move the oven rack to the middle position and heat the oven to 350°F.
2. In a large bowl, beat cake mix and water with an electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds, then on medium speed for 1 minute. Stir in sprinkles. Pour the batter into an ungreased 10-inch tube pan.
3. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until deep golden brown. Cool the cake completely upside down onto a glass bottle as directed on cake mix box for at least 1 hour. Then, run a knife around the edges and turn the cooled cake out onto a cooling rack.
4. In a large bowl, beat yogurt, 1 1/2 cups of the whipped topping and the pudding with a whisk until well blended. Cut the cake in half. Tear one of the halves into bite-size pieces. Place the pieces in the bottom of a 13x9-inch pan. Sprinkle 1 cup of the chopped strawberries evenly over cake. Pour and spread half the yogurt filling on top. Tear other cake half into bite-size pieces. Repeat layers with remaining cake pieces, chopped strawberries and yogurt filling. Refrigerate 2 hours.
5. When ready to serve, spread remaining 3 cups whipped topping on top of the cake. Decorate the top of the cake using blueberries to form a large star in center and sliced strawberries around edges.
- Don’t have time to bake a cake? You can use store-bought angel food cake in a pinch and add sprinkles on each layer of chopped strawberries.
- Change up the flavor of this dish by using your favorite flavor of Yoplait yogurt!
- For pretty presentation, use a glass baking dish to show off the layers.