Making festive cookies is a breeze when you ditch the cookie cutters and grab a pizza cutter! The dough comes together fast thanks to Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix, and decorating for any holiday is super simple with a little creativity and plenty of sprinkles.
What you’ll need:
1. First, preheat the oven and prepare the cookie dough as directed on the pouch. Once the dough is just mixed, roll it out on a lightly floured surface until it’s about ¼-inch thick. With a ruler, measure desired width of cookie sticks first; we made ours about 1-inch wide. Use a pizza cutter dipped in some flour to cut into rows.
2. Next, using your ruler, measure the desired length of the cookie sticks and then cut. We made ours about 4-inches long.
3. Re-roll any scraps of dough and measure out more cookie sticks if needed. Place the cookie sticks onto ungreased cookie sheets about an inch apart. Bake as directed for cutouts on the pouch. If the cookies spread at all, use your pizza cutter to trim the edges a minute or two after the cookies have come out of the oven, then transfer to a wire cooling rack and allow them to cool completely.
4. Now comes the fun part! One of the things we love about these cookie sticks is they are totally customizable. All you need is some frosting, melted chocolate and sprinkles of your choice, and you can decorate for any holiday! Since Christmas is right around the corner, we made cookie sticks for Santa first.
5. Make cookies for your loved ones on Valentine’s Day using reds, pinks, and (of course) plenty of chocolate!
6. Or try making some scary-good monster cookies for Halloween. The possibilities are endless!
- Dip your cookies in frosting by melting store-bought frosting in a small microwavable bowl for 5-7 seconds, adding food color as desired, and immediately dip one end of your cookie sticks in it.
- Dip your cookies in milk, dark or white chocolate by microwaving chocolate chips in a small microwavable bowl at 30-second intervals until completely melted, and then dip immediately.
- Simply use store-bought frosting and an offset spatula if you want to frost the entire cookie stick. Decorate with colorful sprinkles as desired.