What You’ll Need:
- 1 box each Chocolate and Multi Grain Cheerios
- 3 cups mini marshmallows + 6 mini marshmallows
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 24 pretzel sticks, broken in half
- 12 chocolate-covered almonds (mix of white and dark)
- ¼ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Medium heavy-bottomed saucepan
- Wax paper
- 2 large serving spoons
- Kitchen scissors
1. Place a heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat and melt two tablespoons butter. Add 1 ½ cups mini marshmallows and stir just until melted. Add two cups of Chocolate Cheerios and stir with spatula until cereal is fully coated in marshmallow-butter mixture. Remove pan from heat.
2. Using a large serving spoon, scoop out one heaping tablespoon of the coated cereal. Using two spoons, press the cereal together firmly into an egg shape. Set aside to cool on a sheet of wax paper; repeat until all the coated cereal is used. Repeat steps 1-3, replacing the Chocolate Cheerios with Multi Grain.
3. Once your “sheep” have cooled, use a skewer to poke holes where the “legs” go.
4. Then insert half a broken pretzel stick to finish the legs. (If your hands stick to the sheep as you work, spray them with non-stick cooking spray.)
5. Next, melt the chocolate chips in a small microwave-safe bowl on high for one minute. Stir, and then heat for 30 more seconds, until fully melted. Using the melted chocolate, affix a chocolate-covered almond to form the head of the sheep.
6. Dip a toothpick into melted chocolate and quickly dot two “eyes” on the sheep’s face.
7. To make “ears,” snip a mini marshmallow into small pieces and attach to the sheep’s head using melted chocolate as glue. Repeat steps 3 through 7 until your flock is finished!