Every March, minty green treats are on our minds—they’re perfectly festive for St. Patrick’s Day, but they’re also a sweet way to indulge a little on any day of the month. Our Oreo™-Shamrock Shake Cupcakes bring together so many of our favorite things—Oreo™ cookies, Shamrock Shakes and cupcakes—that we just had to name them our top dessert to make this month. They’re just as sure to be a hit with kids as they are with a grown-up crowd—bring them to your party and watch how fast they disappear! Here’s how to make them:
What you’ll need:
- Ingredients for Oreo™-Shamrock Shake Cupcakes
- 2 regular-size muffin pans
- 24 paper baking cups
- Medium bowl
- Decorating bag with a 1/8- to 1/4-inch tip
1. Heat your oven to 350°F. Place one paper baking cup in each of 24 regular-size muffin cups.
2. Make the cake batter as directed on the box, stirring food color into batter to desired shade of green.
3. Bake the cupcakes as directed. Cool in pans for 10 minutes; remove the cupcakes from pans to cooling rack. Cool them completely, about 30 minutes.
4. In a medium bowl, mix the frosting and peppermint extract. Spoon about 1 cup of frosting into a decorating bag fitted with a 1/8- to 1/4-inch tip. Insert the tip into the center of 1 cupcake, about halfway down. Gently squeeze the decorating bag, pulling upward until the cupcake swells slightly and the filling comes to top. Repeat with remaining cupcakes.