The basic formula for making pasta salad is simple, so memorize these tips and yours will always be tops:
- Short pastas work best in pasta salad. Try penne, rotini, shells, wagon wheels or whatever else you keep on hand.
- 6-7 ounces of uncooked pasta will yield 4 cups of cooked pasta and serve 4-6 people.
- Always follow package directions to cook pasta al dente, which means tender but firm to the bite.
- Unless specified, do no rinse pasta after draining or sauces won’t cling. Sometimes pasta is rinsed for cold salads, so follow your recipe.
- Chilling in the fridge makes your pasta salad even better as it allows the flavors to develop. Follow the chill time specified in your recipe.
- To give your pasta salad an extra bright zing, add a sprinkle of chopped, fresh herbs before serving.
Many more pasta salad recipes await you!