Don’t get me wrong, apples are awesome all on their own, especially now, during their peak season. But if you’ve stocked up on a big bag at the orchard or farmers market and you’re stick of eating ‘em all on their own, maybe it’s time to consider what you can do to turn an already-tasty apple into an utterly irresistible snack? This fall, make the most of autumn’s most versatile fruit and try one of these affordable, fun and fuss-free ideas!
1. Apple Nachos: You’ve seen them all over the Internet. Now it’s time to try them yourself! Drizzle melted caramel and chocolate over thinly sliced apples. Sprinkle with chopped nuts, mini chocolate chips and devour.
2. Apples, Cheerios and Almonds: No need to get complicated here! A simple mix of chopped apples, Cheerios and almonds will satisfy kids as well as hungry adults.
3. Apple and Sausage Bites: Pan-fry chopped apples and chunks of pre-cooked chicken sausage until apples are soft and sausage is browned. Layer a piece of apple and a sausage round on a toothpick and serve.
4. Apples, Brie and Flatbread Crisps: Apples and Brie has become a popular flavor combination, especially in the fall months. Serve them together on flatbread crisps for an updated take on classic cheese and crackers.
5. Apples and Peanut Butter-Greek Yogurt Dip: Mix one container of Yoplait Vanilla Greek Yogurt, two tablespoons of peanut butter and one tablespoon of honey until smooth. Top with chopped peanuts or almonds and serve with apple-slice dippers.
6. Apple and Cookie Butter Bites: Cookie butter is all the rage and for good reason. Have you tried the stuff? It’s sweet, smooth, rich and tastes just like fresh-baked cookies. To make: Top sliced apples with cookie butter and your choice of toppings (chopped nuts, chocolate chips, chopped fruit, coconut, etc.).
7. Apples Topped With Peanut Butter, Granola and Chocolate Chips: Is it a dessert? Is it a healthy snack? Who cares, it’s delicious! To make, spread apple segments with peanut butter and top with crumbled Nature Valley Granola Bars and chocolate chips.
Aside from eating them plain, how do you enjoy the abundance of apples in the fall? Please share your ideas below!