We’ve all been there: You’ve just created a beautiful burrito, and now you’re tasked with the daunting job of folding it so all the best parts stay neatly tucked inside. If you’ve ever wondered the proper way to go about it, here is the simple two-step method that’ll take you from start to finish in no time flat.
What you’ll need:
- Filling for your burrito. We like to use a combination of veggies, rice, beans and a base meat. If you’ve recently prepared two of our favorite freezer meats, Make-Ahead Shredded Chicken Breast or Make-Ahead Mexican Ground Beef, you’ll already have two easy burrito meat options that can be reheated quickly.
- Tortillas—we love Old El Paso’s flour tortillas for burritos.
- Toppings such as sour cream, guacamole, or salsa.
1. Fold one end of tortilla up about one inch over filling.
2. Fold both the right and left sides in, over folded end, overlapping in the middle. Fold the remaining end down.
It may take a couple times to get the hang of it, but soon you’ll be burrito-wrapping pro. Now that it’s old hat, here are some of our favorites to make at home: