This Fox Face cake is made in a snap with Color By The Foot fruit snacks. It’s an easy way to create a character cake with very little effort, and even better, no specialty pans are required. Here’s how it’s done!
What You’ll Need:
- 6 rolls of Color By The Foot (you’ll only use the orange and yellow sections)
- 2 chocolate chips
- 1 chocolate candy drop
- Butter knife
- Kitchen scissors
- Freshly frosted cake
- 1 tablespoon extra frosting
1. Start with a freshly frosted cake with white icing. Using a butter knife, score an upside-down triangle onto the icing. The top edges of the triangle should be slightly flare out.
2. Using kitchen scissors, snip away a long piece of orange fruit snack and place it in the center of the triangle. Begin filling in the rest of the triangle with pieces of yellow and orange fruit snacks. Cut them to size with the kitchen scissors. Place the chocolate candy drop upside down at the point of the triangle to create the “nose.”
3. Place the two chocolate chips upside down on either side of the triangle for “eyes.”
4. Cut strips of the orange portion of the fruit snack into strips to create whiskers. Place them on either side of the “nose.”
5. To make the “ears,” use two 6-inch lengths of orange or yellow fruit snacks. Fold each end of the fruit snack onto itself so that a point is created in the center.
6. Use a dot of frosting on each folded fruit snack to adhere the “ears” to the top of the cake.