If you’re looking for an easy way to add Fourth of July flair to your appetizer spread, this easy homemade tortilla chip tutorial is for you.
What You’ll Need:
- 1-2 packages corn tortillas (depending on how many chips you want to make)
- 2-3 tablespoons vegetable, canola or olive oil
- Star-shaped cookie cutter
- Pastry brush
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheet with parchment paper. Then, dip your pastry brush in oil and lightly coat each side of a tortilla with oil.
2. Center the cookie cutter in the middle of the tortilla.
3. Press firmly to cut out the star shape.
4. Remove the tortilla star and place on parchment-lined baking sheet.
5. Repeat until all the tortillas have been coated in oil, cut and placed on sheet. Sprinkle lightly with salt, then pop in the oven for 10-12 minutes, or until lightly browned.
6. Remove from oven and let cool before serving.
We enjoyed this batch of star tortilla chips with salsa, but feel free to try them with any of these delicious dips!