Learn how to make homemade calzones with our easy-to-follow instructions. You can start by making homemade pizza crust or use store-bought crust to get a head start. Either way, the possibilities are endless for what you put inside; we’ve listed our tried-and-true recipe, but you can improvise according to your favorite meat and cheese pairings.
What you’ll need:
- Homemade Pizza Crust or store-bought pizza crust
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ lb salami, cut into thin strips
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 2 plum (Roma) tomatoes, chopped
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- Freshly ground pepper
- Rolling pin
- 2 cookie sheets
- Pastry brush
1. Heat oven to 375°F. Grease 2 cookie sheets with cooking spray. Divide dough into 6 equal parts. On lightly floured surface, roll each part into 7-inch round with floured rolling pin. On half of each dough round, place mozzarella cheese, salami, ricotta, basil and tomatoes to within 1 inch of edge. Sprinkle with pepper.