Follow this how-to on tortilla strips for an easy way to add a salty crunch to any of your favorite dishes!
What you’ll need:
- 1 10-count pkg. Old El Paso Flour Tortillas (for soft tacos and fajitas)
- 5 tsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1/3 tsp onion powder
- 1/3 tsp garlic powder
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 1/3 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
1. Preheat oven to 375° degrees and line baking sheet with parchment paper. Stack tortillas on top of one another and cut into ½-inch strips.
2. Combine seasonings in to small bowl, sift well. Put tortilla strips into large bowl,and mix with vegetable oil to cover all strips. Add in mixture of seasonings and coat strips evenly.
3. Place tortilla strips on the baking sheet. Bake for 5-10 minutes.
4. Remove from oven, toss strips and return back to oven.
5. Bake for 5-10 minutes, or until lightly browned.
6. Remove from oven and let cool completely before serving.
We served the tortilla strips on top of Progresso’s Traditional Chicken Tortilla soup, for a crunchy topping on a savory meal. Here are a few more recipes that benefit from a topping of tortilla strips!