All of the classic ingredients in a s’mores bar—rich chocolate, gooey marshmallows and Golden Grahams cereal—get piled on top of an easy-to-make peanut butter cookie crust in this dessert that you’ll want to make again and again. (And you thought s’mores bars couldn’t get any better.) Here’s how to make it!
What you’ll need:
1. First, preheat the oven to 350°F and grab your ingredients. For this recipe, you will need a pouch of Betty Crocker peanut butter cookie mix (plus the water, vegetable oil and egg called for on the pouch), Betty Crocker Rich and Creamy chocolate frosting, Golden Grahams cereal and some mini marshmallows.
2. Next, in a large mixing bowl, prepare the cookie dough as instructed on the pouch. Press the dough into an ungreased 13x9-inch baking dish and bake for 16 to 18 minutes, or until golden-brown around the edges.
Spoon the chocolate frosting into a medium microwavable bowl and microwave uncovered on high for 15 to 20 seconds and stir the frosting until smooth. Reserve a quarter cup of the frosting and pour the remaining over the warm cookie crust and spread evenly.
3. Sprinkle the marshmallows over the chocolate layer.
4. Sprinkle the cereal on top of the marshmallow layer.
5. Place the baking dish back into the oven and bake for an additional 3 to 5 minutes, or until the marshmallows are puffed. Cool for 15 minutes, then drizzle the reserved frosting over the bars. Allow the bars to cool completely before cutting and serving.
- Don’t like peanut butter? You can easily swap out the peanut butter cookie mix for a pouch of chocolate chip cookie mix instead!