What you’ll need:
1. Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pans). Line 24 regular-size muffin cups with cupcake liners.
2. Make cake batter as directed on box. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups (about two-thirds full). Bake as directed on box for cupcakes. Cool in pans 10 minutes before transferring to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
3. Using a melon baller, scoop out center of each cupcake, about 1-inch deep. Fill each with 1 heaping teaspoonful of candies.
4. Spoon frosting into medium bowl; stir in enough food color until desired green color.
5. Frost cupcakes with frosting; sprinkle with colored sugar.
6. Top with yellow PEEPS® chick. Store loosely covered.