Just as in any sport like tennis, baseball, football or basketball, it’s important to have a strategy for success when baking. Taking the time with your child to develop a game plan before you start will ensure delicious results every time—and that’s something to cheer about.
Here’s how to begin your game plan for your baking adventure:
- Clip the Box Tops from the Betty Crocker cake mix box and frosting label.
- Read the entire recipe from beginning to end.
- Gather all of the ingredients that you need and have them ready on the counter.
- Set out all of the equipment that you need to make the recipe—measuring cups and spoons, bowls, cupcake pan and spoons for mixing.
- Wash your hands well before starting, and wash them often while you’re working.
- Now you’re ready to bake. Follow the recipe carefully and have fun!
- Ready for a little challenge? After each step, have your child tell you which step they think might be next.
- Always remember to remove the Box Tops from your baking products; you can save these to contribute to your child’s school!
- Follow the recipe exactly.
- Have adults remove hot items from the oven or stovetop using hot pads.