What you’ll need:
- Ingredients for Easter Bunny Rabbit Cake
- 2 6-inch round cake pans
- 1 10-ounce custard cups
- Muffin pan
- Wooden skewers
- Serrated knife
- Construction paper
- Plastic food wrap
1. Heat oven to 350°F. (325°F for dark or nonstick pans). Grease two 6-inch round cake pans, one 10-oz custard cup and 2 regular-size muffin cups with shortening; coat with flour (do not use cooking spray).
2. Make cake batter as directed on box. Pour cake batter in custard cup and muffin cups, filling about two-thirds full; divide remaining batter between cake pans.
3. Bake the cake rounds and custard cup 21 to 26 minutes, cupcakes 17 to 21 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Remove cakes from cake pans, custard cup and muffin cups, placing rounded sides up on cooling racks. Cool completely, about 30 minutes. Using a serrated knife, cut off rounded portion of cakes.
4. Place 6-inch cake, cut side down on tray; spread 1/3 cup frosting over cake. Top with remaining cake round, cut side up. Trim a small amount of edge off custard cupcake so it can stand on top of 6-inch cake round. Insert wooden skewer through top of head through cake rounds for stability, trimming skewer as needed. Spread thin layer of frosting over side and top of layered cake and bunny head to seal in crumbs. Use frosting to adhere cupcakes to front of 6-inch round cakes to form the feet. Use toothpicks to secure feet, if necessary, spreading a thin layer of frosting over feet to seal in crumbs. Cut 3 marshmallows in half lengthwise and place halves, cut sides down, on top of each cupcake to make toes of feet. Cut one marshmallow in half lengthwise; place on top of cake for bunny arms. Place one whole marshmallow behind cake to make bunny tail. Freeze cake 30 to 45 minutes to set frosting.
5. Spread remaining frosting over cake. Unroll red fruit flavored snack. Cut 2 large circles and 12 small circles out of snack. Press onto bottoms of bunny feet and front paws.
6. Place blue chocolate candies and red licorice on bunny face to make eyes and mouth. Cut remaining marshmallow in half crosswise. Using an edible black pen, draw whiskers on each marshmallow half. Place on bunny face to make cheeks.
7. Unroll punch berry fruit flavored snack; cut into three sections. Wrap around Bugles™ snacks to make carrot shapes. Cut green sour candies in half crosswise; press into large end of each carrot to make greens on carrot.
8. Cut ears from construction paper; wrap ends that will be inserted into cake with plastic food wrap. Insert into cake. Remove ears, plastic wrap and toothpicks before serving. Store loosely covered.