Brownies are, without a doubt, an American classic. And when you start with a box of good brownie mix, they are so easy to dress up and make your own.
If you are looking for a special dessert for Easter, it's the perfect time to dress up some brownies. My Decadent Dark Chocolate Brownies recipe combines Betty Crocker Dark Chocolate Brownie mix with a thin layer of homemade ganache and a candy-coated egg. It’s a pretty presentation and makes a fabulous dessert.
Looking for more ideas to dress up brownies? Here are a few:
- Make ‘em Mocha! Add one serving of instant coffee granules to the batter. It will really bring out the chocolate flavor.
- Top ‘em Off! Have you seen those beautiful brownies with white swirls on top? They are so easy to make. Simply dot the top of the raw brownie dough with softened cream cheese and swirl with a knife. Then bake as usual.
- Double the Chocolate! For a special surprise in your brownies, stir 1 cup of chocolate chips into the batter. Every bite will be a chocolate explosion.
- Dress ‘em Up! Once the brownies are baked and cooled, whip out some frosting and spread it on. Coconut pecan is a great choice, but buttercream and chocolate work well, too.
- Serve ‘em a la Mode! Don’t underestimate the power of ice cream. Heat your brownies and serve with a big scoop of your favorite ice cream. A drizzle of caramel or chocolate sauce is the crowning touch.