These muffin-tin Tater Tot™ cups are a genius twist on your favorite breakfast combo: eggs, sausage and a side of potatoes! Fit for a crowd (or just for a hungry family) this recipe makes 12 portable hand-held breakfasts that are completely delicious.
What you’ll need:
- 12 dozen frozen mini Tater Tots™ potatoes (about 6 cups) from 28-oz bag
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup milk
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ lb bulk breakfast sausage
- ½ cup diced onion
- 1 muffin-tin (with 12 regular-size muffin tin cups)
- 12 foil baking cups
- Cooking spray
- Small bowl
- 10-inch nonstick skillet
- 2 paper towels
1. Heat oven to 400°F. Place foil baking cup in each of 12 regular-size muffin cups; spray foil baking cups with cooking spray.
2. Place 6 frozen mini Tater Tots™ in each muffin cup and bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes. Using 2 paper towels, gently press potatoes into cups to create a base for the muffins.
3. Sprinkle the potato base evenly with cheese. In a small bowl, mix milk, eggs and salt and set aside.
4. In 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until browned. Cool for 2 minutes. Spoon the meat mixture evenly over Tater Tots™ in each muffin cup.
5. Pour egg mixture evenly over sausage mixture.