What you’ll need:
- ½ container of Betty Crocker™ Rich & Creamy Vanilla Frosting
- Basic food-coloring drops (red, blue, yellow, green)
- Mini spatula or spoon for mixing
How to do it:
- Choose the colors you’d like to make.
- Separate frosting into individual bowls
- Add the amount of drops indicated below to achieve the color of your choice.
- Stir thoroughly to ensure all the color is evenly distributed.
- Spread, pipe and decorate your sweet confections.
Kitchen Tip: Food coloring comes out fast. Squeeze the dropper over a separate bowl before adding to your frosting, so you know how much pressure to use.
Betty’s Spring Color Palette
We’ve taken the guesswork out of the equation. Just follow the formulas below for six perfect shades of pastel-tinted frosting.
- Strawberries-and-Cream: 1 drop red
- Just Peachy: 1 drop red, 2 drops yellow
- Lemon Meringue Pie: 1 drop yellow
- Grasshopper: 1 drop green
- Robin’s Egg: 2 drops blue
- Lilac: 1 drop red, 1 drop blue
Kitchen Tip: Has your frosting firmed up? Pop it in the microwave for a few seconds to make it creamy and super spreadable.
If you need frosting inspiration for more than just springtime, check out guide on How to Color Frosting Like a Pro.