We’ve all been there: You’re settling into the kitchen, recipe in hand, only to realize you’re missing an ingredient. So annoying right? Especially if the elusive ingredient is essential to the recipe. If you’ve ever found yourself rooting around the pantry for a packet of ranch seasoning, this how-to is bound to be a lifesaver! (And for other substitution questions, Ask Betty for help!)
What You’ll Need:
- Measuring cup and spoons
- 1/3 c. dry buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons each dried dill weed
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried chives
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Small jar
- Small bowl
- Spoon, fork or whisk
Whisk ingredients together and store the mixture in a clean small jar. That’s it!
Two tablespoons of this mix equals one, 1-ounce packet of store-bought seasoning.
- To make ranch dip, combine two tablespoons of the dry seasoning with ½ cup to 1 cup sour cream and chill in the fridge.
- To make ranch dressing, mix three tablespoons of the dry seasoning with 1 cup mayonnaise and ½-2/3 cups buttermilk. Combine and stash in the fridge for an hour or two before using.
Now that you have a fresh batch of homemade ranch seasoning at your disposal, test it out in any of these scrumptious snack and dinner recipes!