Steaming broccoli takes just 10 minutes and produces that crisp-tender texture that makes getting your greens a no-brainer! Serve as a side dish to your family’s favorite main course or eat solo with a little salt and pepper as a healthy snack.
What you’ll need:
- 1 ½ lb broccoli
- Steamer basket
- Saucepan or skillet
1. Trim off large leaves; remove tough ends of stems. Cut as desired.
2. In saucepan or skillet, place steamer basket in ½ inch water (water should not touch bottom of basket).
3. Place broccoli in steamer basket.
4. Cover tightly and heat to boiling; reduce heat to low.
5. Steam for 10 to 11 minutes or until crisp-tender.
6. Season to your liking! A little butter (or olive oil) and salt and pepper is usually what we prefer. You can also use garlic, lemon juice or parmesan—sky’s the limit!
Ways to use:
Here are some of our favorite main dishes to pair steamed broccoli with.