The Only Way to Steam Broccoli
Steamed broccoli is a great addition for any meal and takes just 10 minutes to prepare. Here’s how to steam it to perfection every time.
Steaming broccoli takes just 10 minutes and produces that crisp-tender texture that makes getting your greens a no-brainer! Serve as a side dish to your family’s favorite main course or eat solo with a little salt and pepper as a healthy snack.
What you’ll need:
- 1 ½ lb broccoli
- Steamer basket
- Saucepan or skillet
1. Trim off large leaves; remove tough ends of stems. Cut as desired.
2. In saucepan or skillet, place steamer basket in ½ inch water (water should not touch bottom of basket).
3. Place broccoli in steamer basket.
4. Cover tightly and heat to boiling; reduce heat to low.
5. Steam for 10 to 11 minutes or until crisp-tender.
6. Season to your liking! A little butter (or olive oil) and salt and pepper is usually what we prefer. You can also use garlic, lemon juice or parmesan—sky’s the limit!
Ways to use:
Here are some of our favorite main dishes to pair steamed broccoli with.