Satisfy your love of comfort food in record time! Make these quick dumplings over creamy soup that’s filled with peas and carrots for an easy chicken dumpling dinner that will warm you right up.
cup frozen green peas and carrots
cup cut-up cooked chicken
can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed creamy chicken mushroom soup
cup Original Bisquick™ mix
Paprika, if desired
Heat 1 1/2 cups milk, the peas and carrots, chicken and soup to boiling in 3-quart saucepan, stirring frequently.
Stir Bisquick mix and 1/3 cup milk until soft dough forms. Drop dough by 8 spoonfuls onto chicken mixture (do not drop directly into liquid). Sprinkle with paprika.
Cook uncovered over low heat 10 minutes. Cover and cook 10 minutes longer.
• Poultry packaged in clear, sealed plastic wrap on a plastic tray doesn’t need to be repackaged.
• Poultry wrapped in butcher paper should be repackaged in plastic wrap, foil or resealable plastic freezer bags.
• Store in the meat compartment or coldest part of refrigerator, or freeze as soon as possible.
• Cook or freeze poultry within 2 days of the sell-by date.
• If the poultry is uncooked poultry, whole or in parts, you can store it in a refrigerator (36° to 40°F) for 1-2 days or in the freezer (0°F or colder) for 12 months (whole chicken); 9 months (chicken pieces).
• If the poultry is uncooked ground poultry, you can store it in a refrigerator (36° to 40°F) for 1-2 days or in the freezer (0°F or colder) for 3-4 months.
• If the poultry is cooked poultry, you can store it in a refrigerator (36° to 40°F) for 2 days or in the freezer (0°F or colder) for 4 months.
Serve this home-style dish with a bagged ready-to-eat salad from the produce section.
You can use 1 cup of your favorite frozen vegetable combination instead of the peas and carrots.
For tender dumplings, don’t overmix the dough. Mix just until moistened.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories from Fat
% Daily Value
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C
Exchanges:2 Starch; 1 Vegetable; 2 Fat;
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
®Bisquick is a Reg. T.M. of General Mills