Blogger, Julie Van Rosendaal of dinnerwithjulie.com shares a recipe. Just five simple ingredients is all you need to create magical flavor and aroma with roasted beets and carrots.
SAVE ON THIS RECIPE!
You don't need measurements - but I've listed the proportions that I used; you can adjust each accordingly. The vegetables could be roasted in advance, then reheated in the balsamic and honey on the stovetop just before serving.
- Wash beets and carrots before roasting/peeling.
- Cut the green tops off of beets before roasting; beet greens can be added to salads, steamed, sautéed, etc.
- Multi-tasking; peel and cut carrots while beets roasting; peel beets after roasting while carrots are roasting.
- To peel beets, I suggest wearing rubber gloves and peel under cold running water.
- The recipe works well while roasting a meat entrée; can roast veggies at the same time.
© 2013 ®/TM General Mills All Rights Reserved