Steamed vegetables are the perfect side dish for family dinners, and preparing them only takes a few minutes!
To begin, wash vegetables well before using. For best results, always use fresh vegetables within a few days of purchasing.
What you’ll need:
- Steamer basket
- Saucepan or skillet
Try some of our favorite recipes featuring steamed veggies tonight:
- Cut off ends, leaves, stalks or stems of vegetables.
- In saucepan or skillet, place steamer basket in ½ inch water (water should not touch bottom of basket).
- Place vegetables in steamer basket.
- Cover tightly and heat to boiling; reduce heat to low.
- Steam for length of time indicated in recipe or until crisp-tender or tender, depending on your preference. Season to your liking and enjoy!