Find the easiest menu and recipes ever with lots of shortcuts and convenient ways to get Thanksgiving dinner on the table. Our easy-does-it menu keeps your Thanksgiving warm with traditions while making dinner so simple that, even as host, you can enjoy yourself. What's not to like about that!
What Makes an Easy-Does-It Menu?
- The stuffing and veggies come in one easy recipe.
- Ultimate Creamy Party Potatoes can be made a day ahead so there's no last-minute potato mashing.
- Having two ovens helps when entertaining. If you don't have two, skip the Baked Spinach Artichoke Dip. Or, free up your oven by cooking a turkey breast on the grill. Or, bake the dip the day before; store in the fridge and heat in the microwave before serving.
- Using purchased gravy, dinner rolls, cranberry sauce and bagged salad greens eliminates extra time and work.
- Praline Pumpkin Dessert can be made a day ahead and serves 12.
Plan and Work Ahead
- Make two shopping lists, one for items that can be purchased up to two weeks ahead and the other for items to purchase one or two days before Thanksgiving.
- Use a disposable roasting pan for the turkey.
- Select the serving dishes and utensils, and set aside. Use sturdy, disposable large plates, napkins and tablecloth in a decorative fall design.
- Serve buffet style. All the food is set out in a central place and guests take a plate and help themselves, leaving you free to enjoy the holiday.
- Set up the buffet table the day before.