This Week in the Betty Crocker Kitchens: May 26-30
Take a peek behind the scenes to see what Betty’s industrious test-kitchen experts are working on this week.
1. Testing grain- and nut-free brownies made with coconut oil. Yeah, so how do they taste? Fudgy, decadent and delicious. But we still love Betty’s shortcut gluten-free brownies.
2. We started out testing a Korean-style pizza, but like what often happens in the testing process, we landed on something entirely different. This fresh new take on salad pizza features spicy mushrooms and plenty of mozzerella and is finished with cilantro and avocado tossed in a quick dressing of lime juice, soy sauce, sambal (a type of Asian hot sauce made from chili peppers) and olive oil.
3. Behind the scenes in the Betty Crocker photo studios with one of our most popular patriotic desserts: Red, White and Blue Poke Cake!
4. Taste tests are the norm around the Betty offices. This month featured our four-star Warm Toasted Marshmallow S’mores Bars, which we vow to make all summer long for picnics, potlucks and just because.
5. Summer snacking is top of mind, so we’re testing kid-approved overnight oatmeal bars made with Yoplait Greek yogurt and a few other feel-good ingredients.
6. We hosted a brunch to thank our food editors for all of their hard work, creativity and passion throughout the year. And we ate a lot of donuts!