Discover an easy way for you and your guests to get an assortment of fresh, homemade cookies for the holidays—while only baking one kind! At this get-together, the emphasis is on relaxing conversation because the baking is all done! Everyone can sit back and enjoy a few light snacks. It's a great way to kick off the holiday season.
Make It Special!
- Assign each guest one recipe. Ask each guest to make eight dozen cookies of the assigned recipe to bring to the party. Each guest will bring home eight dozen cookies - a dozen of each kind baked by the guests.
- Print out the recipes for all the cookies made (indicating who baked which cookies) for each guest. You can purchase festive computer paper for printing. Make a copy for each guest, so they will have a copy of all the recipes to keep for their own use.
- Before the guests arrive, put on some holiday music and light a seasonal scented candle or spray a little holiday room scent to put guests in the holiday spirit as soon as they walk through your door.
- Set out big bowls of popcorn and chips, the veggies and dip and an insulated server of hot chocolate and a pitcher of cider for all the cookie bakers to help themselves. Supply festive holiday cups and glasses for the beverages.
- Purchase eight inexpensive large plastic holiday trays for cookie collecting. Set the trays out on a table. Ask each guest to arrange one dozen cookies on each tray. Wrap the trays with red or green plastic wrap. Attach a cookie list on each and add a colorful ribbon. Have each guest take home a tray of cookies when they leave.