How to Make Grilled Steak
Make perfectly grilled steaks in three easy steps.
Why go to a restaurant when you can achieve perfectly grilled steaks at home? Follow the simple steps below to make our famous Texas T-Bones with savory mustard butter. Then, try our other sauce variations for more mouth-watering options.
What you’ll need:
- Ingredients for our Texas T-Bones, including the mustard butter mixture to coat each steak
- Gas or charcoal grill
- Small bowl
1. Heat gas or charcoal grill. Trim fat from steaks to ¼-inch thickness. Rub garlic on beef.
3. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Serve with mustard butter or add different flavors with one of these other toppings:
Blue Cheese Butter: Mix ½ cup butter, softened, with ¼ cup crumbled blue cheese.
Horseradish-Sour Cream: Mix ½ cup sour cream with ¼ cup creamy horseradish sauce.
Savory Butter: Top each steak with a pat of Savory Butter.
Southwestern Butter: Mix ½ cup butter, softened, with ½ teaspoon chili powder, ¼ teaspoon ground cumin and 2 tablespoons salsa.
- Crush peppercorns in resealable food-storage plastic bag using rolling pin or meat mallet.
- Let steaks stand at room temperature 30 minutes before grilling. Cold steaks will contract and become tough.
- To grill other steak cuts, such as tenderloin, top loin steak or rib steak, see our Grilling Timetable.