Error occured While adding it to favorites
1-2-3 Taco Night
Hands down taco night is a family favorite meal. But all that chopping, slicing and heating...there has to be a shortcut! Here are a few of the best tricks to turn taco night into a real snap.
Whether you’re feeding your family a weeknight dinner, or serving up a fiesta to a room full of friends, taco night is a dinner hit. Tacos allow everyone the chance to personalize the main entrée. Want cheese? Tomatoes? Sour cream? None of the above? Have it your way!
While taco night is so easy to please, I sometimes work up a sweat during the prep. You have to cook meat, chop vegetables, grate cheese and prep multiple serving dishes and utensils.
To make taco night friendly for the family chef, I’ve come up with these no-hassle steps that are as simple as 1-2-3.
Just three stops around the grocery store and you’ve got all the ingredients to make your own super-simple restaurant-style soft tacos.
- Produce: 1 package pre-cut fajita vegetables and 1 pint fresh-cut pico de gallo
- Pantry: 1 packet Old El Paso® taco seasoning, 1 package Old El Paso® Black Beans and 1 package Old El Paso® Seasoned Rice
- Perishables: 1 pound stew beef , 1 (16 oz.) package shredded Mexican-style cheese and 1 pint sour cream
3 Quick-Prep Shortcuts
The slow cooker is a simple and no-fuss way to cook your taco fixin’s.
- Place beef and fajita veggies in the slow cooker.
- Sprinkle with Old El Paso® taco seasoning.
- Add ½ cup water. Cover and cook for 4-6 hours on high setting.
3 Steps from Heat to Eat
- Heat your toppings. Place Old El Paso® Black Beans and Old El Paso® Seasoned Rice into two small bowls. Microwave together for 2-3 minutes until warm.
- Serve yourself. Everyone can assemble their own tacos. Just spoon cooked taco beef and vegetables into the center of a tortilla and personalize your toppings. I like black beans, rice, cheese, pico de gallo and sour cream; roll up.
- Eat and enjoy!
Try the 1-2-3 Tacos Recipe