Posted 11/22/2012 10:20:43 AM
I have some issues with this recipe and I can't help but wonder if there were some errors made when the recipe was added to the site. The recipe states it will make 12 doughnuts. I ended up with 24 and probably could have made 36, as the 24 I made were a bit too much for the pan. I had never made these before so followed the recipe exactly. The batter was more like bread dough when it is at the stage where you are still able to mix it with a spoon. Very thick and hard to manage. I ended up adding probably another 1/2 cup of milk to thin it out. I put it in a plastic sealed bag, cut the tip off and piped it into the pan doughnut cavities. They turned out okay but as stated previously, a bit too much batter per cavity, I think. My pans are for mini-doughnuts, 12 cavities per pan. I am pretty sure all the pans are roughly the same size so this is not a situation where my pans are smaller than Bree's. The only thing I changed in the recipe was the icing - I had some chocolate icing from another "project" so I microwaved it until it was a bit thin and dunked each doughnut top in it. Worked perfectly. They were cute but next time, I will try another recipe to see how it turns out.