There are those who are born, and there are those who are born to rock. If you have a budding rock star in the house, you know there’s only one option for a birthday party: rock and roll. With a guitar cake taking center stage, plus rock-infused fun for guests both big and small, this is a party that’ll have everyone yelling for an encore.
- Kids will love the chocolate peanut-buttery mix named after Cleveland, the home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
- Eat love-to-hate/hate-to-love pizza combos like rock stars on tour! Serve with extra ranch dressing on the side.
- Guitar Battle Birthday Cakes: Are you a classic or an electric guitar type? If you have enough guests to make two cakes, let them choose
Bring the Noise
- Create DIY invitations using printouts of famous guitars.
- Encourage guests to dress like their favorite rock stars.
- Make a playlist with the birthday boy or girl’s favorite jams, then throw in some classic-rock legends. Call it a Rockucation.
- Set up a karaoke station or Guitar Hero so the kids can show their stuff. Extra points for the best air-guitar solo.
- Take adult guests down memory lane by serving tallboy beers and asking them to recount their favorite concerts.
- Send everyone home with a copy of the party playlist. Rock on.
Fun Food Ideas
Rock your party with a cake that's guaranteed to impress. For step-by-step instructions from the Betty Crocker Kitchens and Howdini.com, just hit play.
Watch the Full Size Video