A lovely mermaid and her sea-creature friends come join your child and little friends for an under-the-sea adventure and birthday to remember. Invitations and decorations are so easy. Crafts, playtime activities and clever food ideas make the afternoon go swimmingly!
- “Life is the bubbles…” the song goes. Hand deliver invitations wrapped around a bottle of bubbles!
- Create invitations with cardstock cut in fish, crab, shell or starfish shapes; decorate with glitter glue. Or purchase mermaid-themed invitations and party goods.
- Ocean colors of teal, blue, green, pink, purple and orange create the “watery deep” color palette for this party. Paper streamers, glittery fish, strings of pearls and shells can be arranged to make the party table look under the sea.
- Let the Mermaid Cake be table’s centerpiece.
- Make paper plate fish or jellyfish—have party guests make them as they arrive—and use as table decorations. Look for fish-shaped balloons if your party isn’t perfect without them.
“Teal-eriffic” Games & Activities
- Put out supplies for String 'n Eat Necklaces and have little mermaids make one for themselves while waiting for other guests to arrive.
- Look for a fish-shaped piñata.
- Activities involving water fit this party’s theme of the sea. Whether it’s a sprinkler in the back yard or a visit to age-appropriate water parks in your neighborhood, just let parents know that swimsuits are needed and have plenty of towels on hand.
- Plan some quiet time if you need it. Favorite books like Dr. Seuss’s One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish and Marcus Pfister’s The Rainbow Fish, or one of the Disney Little Mermaid movies or music CDs are good choices.
“Purple-icious” Food & Favor Ideas
- Colorful curly plastic drink straws—some with fish shapes—make drinks and smoothies extra fun.
- Mermaid princesses will delight in taking home a handful of Licorice Wands or a bag of Pink Powder Puff Crunch.
- Include pouches of Betty Crocker® Shark Bites® chewy fruit snacks in treat bags!
Transform a fashion doll into a mermaid from the sea with Fruit Roll-Ups® snacks. It's really quite simple—but before you take the plunge, check out these tips from the Betty Crocker Kitchens and Howdini.com.
Watch the Full Size Video