All aboard the Birthday Express! Take your train lover on a long trip over the rails with fellow vagabonds, feeding their dreams of big engines and loud whistles. This crew will happily play trains and build elaborate tracks for hours - what other entertainment is needed?
- Create foldout invitations with engine and train cars attached. Copy images from a coloring or storybook.
- Decorate the table with construction paper placemats decorated like train tracks (let the birthday kid help).
- Place a small toy train car at each place.
- Outfit guests with engineer caps, red bandanas and train whistles.
Party Games & Activities
- Set up an electric or wooden train set for the guests to play with or build.
- Schedule a train ride for the party-goers. You may want to draft chaperones.
- Arrange a visit to a train museum.
- Gather large packing boxes or used appliance boxes and turn kids loose with art supplies for building and decorating a life-size train.
- Send little train engineers home with engineer caps, bandanas, whistles and instant photos of all the activities.
All aboard--this train is arriving at the station with cargo any kid will love. It looks elaborate, but it's really quite simple—to stay on track, just check out this video from the cake engineers at Betty Crocker and Howdini.com!
Watch the Full Size Video