Cheese Head Chex Mix® for the Big Game
Football and snacking go together like the colors of my favorite football team: Green and gold. (Hint: They’re the pride of Wisconsin!) So when my team earned its place in the Big Game, my mission was to come up with a Cheddar Chex Mix® recipe that would make cheese heads proud!
Cheese Head and Editorial Director
As a football fan who “bleeds” green and gold, my mission was to create a signature snack to serve for the Big Game. I came up with this hearty Cheddar Chex Mix® blend sprinkled with my favorite game-time snack foods…cheese, salami, hard pretzels and smoked almonds. Any cheese head would love it and it’s easier than putting together a counter buffet of cheese, crackers and assorted snacks. Plus, it’s more fun to munch on and everything in it goes perfectly with a tall, ice-cold Wisconsin beer. GO PACK!
Ideas for your Big Game Party:
- If you’re throwing a green and gold game-day party, consider adding green food coloring to the beer served with Cheese Head Chex Mix®.
- Cheese Head Chex Mix® is perfect for tailgating. Combine all the dry ingredients at home and take the salami and cheese along in individual plastic bags. Just toss them in your cooler. Mix in when you arrive at the stadium.
- The perfect pairing for this hearty Cheese Head Chex Mix® is an ice-cold beer! If you’re a purist, any Wisconsin brewed beer is ideal.
Cheese Head Chex Mix®
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Start to Finish: 10 minutes
1 bag (15 oz) Chex Mix® Cheddar snack mix
2 cups sourdough pretzel nibblers
1 can (6 oz) smoked almonds
9 oz hard salami, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 2 cups)
1 package (8 oz) Cheddar cheese cubes (about 1 1/2 cups)
1. Combine first 3 ingredients in large serving bowl. Just before serving toss in the salami and cheese cubes.
2. Serve immediately, refrigerate remaining.
28 Servings (1/2 cup each)