Short on time, turn on the slow cooker! Have something more important to do? Slow cooker it is! There's no better way to save time in the kitchen while still dishing out remarkable meals, than to put that show cooker to work. Here are some quick tips to make the slow cooker your best kitchen friend, whether it's on meatless Monday or Christmas with the in-laws.
Slow Cooker Caramelized Onion Beef Stew
- Any time, every day. Slow cookers aren't just for soups and stews. How about Oatmeal Fruit Porridge, Slow Cooker Carnitas, or Slow Cooker Strawberry Cheesecake For Two? Reynolds Slow Cooker Liners, made from a special food-safe, heat resistant nylon, are suitable for all crockpot recipes— from breakfast to dinner, afterschool snacks to holiday punch.
- Help with the holidays. Feeling the stress of the holidays looming? Using a slow cooker for side dishes like potatoes, stuffing or vegetables frees up oven space and leaves your hands and attention free for catching up with family and friends! For a holiday buffet, slow cookers keep foods hot longer, so Uncle Bob can always have seconds and thirds.
- Dinners of all sizes. Nothing beats a stress-free slow cooker recipe for a party, but that big recipe is just as useful on a busy weeknight. Reynolds Slow Cooker Liners work with recipes up to 6 ½ quarts so you can always make enough for leftovers. Leftovers in the fridge or freezer are perfect meals for nights spent running from school to soccer practice to piano lessons, or on that night you've volunteered to help others.
- The ultimate time-saver. Preparing a slow cooker recipe at night to cook the next day (or cooking overnight while you sleep!) can save you from breaking a sweat just to get dinner on the table. Keep in mind if you're prepping and refrigerating the recipe in your slow cooker bowl, you'll have to bring it back to room temperature before turning on the heating element or the bowl could be damaged by the extreme temperature change.
- Great taste, less money. The most economical cuts of meat that would typically be tough grilled or pan cooked become delicately tender and moist in the low heat of a slow cooker. Browning meat before adding it to the slow cooker will enhance the flavor further, and if you dust the meat with flour before browning you will end up with a richer sauce or gravy.
- Clean-up is history. Using Reynolds Slow Cooker Liners means no messy, baked-on gunk to soak and scrub. Insert the liner, follow recipe as usual, serve or package your food and simply throw away all the mess with the liner. It couldn't be easier.
Slow cooker meals great for every occasion. For more Slow Cooker ideas and Slow Cooker Liner savings, visit ReynoldsKitchens.com.