Delectable Vegetables & Mushrooms on the Grill
Fresh herbs and veggies? What could be better! Summer’s fresh veggie crop prepared on the grill and tossed with herbs from the garden can really spice up meal of plain grilled meat, chicken or fish.
All you’ll want to learn about grilled veggies—which ones, how to cut them, what goes together and equipment—is right here. The veggies are delectable even prepared simply with just a little olive oil and sprinkle of salt added before cooking to crisp-tender. But, we’ve plenty of other ideas to tempt you!
Five Tips for Great Grilled Veggies & Mushrooms
- Splurge by buying grill basket or grill wok. Lots of retailers carry them in grilling season or find options to tempt you with a search at the Betty Crocker® Store. You’ll use the basket for versions of Easy Grilled Vegetables and stir fry meals all season long.
- Pick up heavy-duty aluminum foil when you shop. Veggie medleys cooked in foil packs or ears of corn and potatoes wrapped in foil benefit from the heavier weight foil.
- Peppers, zucchini and other summer squash, and portabella mushrooms can cook right on the grill. When cut, make sure the vegetable pieces are large enough so they don't fall through the grill rack.
- Cut vegetables in the same size pieces so they'll cook in the same amount of time when using a grill basket, too. And, watch veggies like green beans and asparagus that can slip through holes in the basket when they’re stirred!
- One of the best ways to eat grilled vegetables is off a kabob. Follow our recipe for Grilled Vegetable Kabobs, using potatoes, zucchini, corn on the cob and bell pepper. Or thread your choice of veggies and mushrooms on a metal skewer. Brush with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook over medium heat until crisp-tender, turning several times, about 20 minutes.
Grill corn in its husks just once and it may be how you do it every time. Talk about summer flavor! Or wrap fresh or frozen ears of corn in foil to cook with flavorful butter already added.
Cilantro Grilled Corn (wrapped in foil)
Grilled Cajun Corn (corn with husks)
Grilled Corn Nibblers® with Lime Butter (wrapped in foil)
Grilled Corn on the Cob with Herb Butter (wrapped in foil)
Grilled Corn with Chile-Lime Spread (corn with husks)
Grilled Corn with Garlic-Cilantro Butter (corn with husks)
Grilled Spicy Corn (corn with husks)
Spicy Grilled Corn (corn with husks)
Garlic & Onions
Everyone will know you’re grilling when garlic and onions are part of the feast. Creamy grilled garlic spread on bread is a tempting side with steaks and chops. And, Tangy Onion Flowers are showstoppers!
Focaccia with Grilled Garlic
Grilled Garlic with French Bread
How impressive! Make these Portabella Mushrooms with Herbs or Grilled Portabella and Bell Pepper Sandwiches once and they’ll be part of your repertoire all summer!
Meat and potatoes just go together, don’t they? We offer them whole, sliced, wedged and in chunks. Our recipes use bakers, new, Yukon gold, even sweet potatoes and, sometimes, more than just one kind. You’ll find recipes that turn grilled potatoes in pleasing warm potato salads. All are grilled to perfection, with some such as Baked Potatoes on the Grill in new trendy ways!
Easy Grilled Baked Potatoes
Grilled Buffalo Potato Wedges
Grilled Cheesy Garlic Potato Pack
Grilled Herbed New Potatoes
Grilled Parmesan Potatoes
Grilled Potato Salad with Chile Vinaigrette
Grilled Sweet Potato Slices
Grilled Three-Potato Medley
Mediterranean Grilled Potato Salad
Seasoned Grilled New Potatoes
Seasoned Sage Grilled Potato Pack
Spicy Grilled Potato Planks
When you can grill into the fall, why not make this wrapped-in-foil Grilled Maple- and Pecan-Topped Butternut Squash some Sunday along with grilled pork chops or tenderloin.
Tomatoes & Zucchini
Get practice grilling vegetables right on the grill when you cook Grilled Zucchini and Tomatoes that way.
Find ways to enjoy favorite veggies or some new to you in flavorful veggie combinations all through grilling season. Some are cooked in grill baskets and some are wrapped in foil. And, find our newest ideas for summer appetizers with, you guessed it, grilled veggies!
Grilled Antipasti Platter with Lemon Aioli (zucchini, summer squash, bell peppers, cherry tomatoes, mushrooms and onion)
Grilled Baby Carrots and Green Beans
Grilled Balsamic Vegetables (eggplant, bell peppers and summer squash)
Grilled Béarnaise Corn and Potato Packs
Grilled Cauliflower, Carrot and Basil Pack
Grilled Caesar Vegetable Salad (portabella mushrooms, summer squash, bell peppers and cherry tomatoes)
Grilled Garden Vegetable Medley Packs (Yukon gold potatoes, carrots and green beans)
Grilled Spring Vegetables (asparagus, green beans and mushrooms)
Grilled Vegetable Salsa
Grilled Veggie Platter with Ginger-Mustard Dip (zucchini, bell peppers and asparagus)
Spicy Chipotle Grilled Vegetables (zucchini, asparagus, bell pepper s and pattypan squash)
Spicy Grilled Veggies (potatoes, zucchini, summer squash, bell peppers and onion)
Sweet Potato and Pepper Packet
Vegetable Kabobs with Mexican Cheese Sauce (potatoes, zucchini, mushrooms and tomatoes)