Blogger, Shauna Ahern of www.glutenfreegirl.com shares a recipe. Curry, cilantro and turmeric elevate sweet potatoes to an extraordinary potato gratin.
SAVE ON THIS RECIPE!
- Potatoes should be sliced to 1/2” thickness.
- Recommend baking in a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Spray foil with cooking spray before placing on top of dish, to eliminate cheese/potatoes sticking to foil.
- Steeping – “ to soak dry ingredients such as spices, tea, etc. in liquid (usually hot) until the flavor is infused into the liquid.” (Food Lover’s Companion – Herbst and Herbst)
- Turmeric is often added to curry dishes because of its pungent flavor and intense yellow/orange color.
- Madras Curry Powder – “Widely used in Indian cooking. Madras is the “hotter” version of curry powder; which is a pulverized blend of up to 20 spices, herbs and seeds.” (Food Lover’s Companion – Herbst and Herbst)
© 2014 ®/TM General Mills All Rights Reserved